Thursday, September 23, 2010

I am second.

I could just post the title and that would be all that I need to say. But alas when you find a good thing you have to post more than just one sentence about it.

Some of you may have heard of the web site I am second. And if you have, you will know how it can impact your life, in ways so unimaginable.

What is I am second? This is how they explain it:
" I am Second is a movement meant to inspire people of all kinds to live for God and for others. Actors. Athletes. Musicians. Business leaders. Drug addicts. Your next-door neighbor. People like you. The authentic stories on iamsecond.com provide insight into dealing with typical struggles of everyday living. These are stories that give hope to the lonely and the hurting, help from destructive lifestyles, and inspiration to the unfulfilled. You’ll discover people who’ve tried to go it alone and have failed. Find the hope, peace, and fulfillment they found. Be Second."

The first video I watched was about a solider that had been stationed in Iraq. He shared a story from when he was in Iraq. About how he had been under attack and a couple feet in front of him lay an Iraqi man, that had been fighting against them, wounded. He lay there helpless, in excruciating pain. But this man at the time was not willing to go and save this enemy. As you watch him tell this story, you can see the sorrow in his eyes and you can hear the pain in his voice. And he remembers sitting there asking himself "what would a christian do?", over and over again. I sat there crying, feeling his emotions along with him. His story taught me that no matter how much I can hate someone and no matter what they do to me they still need to be saved. I viewed it, in a way, as an allegory.

There were and still are many videos that impact me to change. And sometimes they just help me to better understand the people around me, who are going through things I can't even imagine going through.

What I love the most is that every time I go on the web site I am constantly reminded to keep God first in everything I do.

So I hope you will check out this site and be as edified as I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment