Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What I have been up to...

Okay, so I know I was going to do a post about the sermon on Sunday but I have been so busy that I haven't been able to type all of my notes. Sorry about that.

Lately I have been working on debate and speech. Which just basically means that I am reading up on a bunch of political issues, killing trees and whales (sorry, inside joke, some of you may get it), printing, Going to classes, and trying and failing to write speeches. I have officially realized that I like doing "impromptu" speeches way better that prepared ones. Anyway, that is what I have been busy with.

One of the things I have been reading about is the issue of human rights in Russia. You can not believe how appalling it is over there. After reading all of this our missionary friends out there are even more in my prayers. U.S. department of state on February 25 2009 said:
"In July [2008], a mass grave was discovered in Chechnya that contained up to 300 bodies. According to the Chechen ombudsman, the bodies were from a group of refugees killed by federal forces as they attempted to move to another area of the republic in October 1999."

This is just one example of what happened years ago. And now the corruption has grown in the government. Russia doesn't up hold Human Right in any way. There are so many more examples of death, raping, hazing, torture, and courts that don't up hold justice, it can be depressing.

Okay now on to happier things..... =D

I have been having fun editing and reediting photos. I love being able to say "Ooo, don't like that, I want to do something else"



One of the best ways to get a break from the computer is playing this song on our player piano (I'll have to post more about the piano later).



I think that is pretty much all for now. I have to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment