Thursday, April 21, 2011

Caught up in too much.

       Yesterday I finished my last debate tournament of the year. It was a bitter sweet moment when I walked out of the awards ceremony. I was happy, but felt like I hadn't given it everything I could have. After every award ceremony I am tired and emotionally drained but it was worse last night because it was the last of the year. I came home a wreck! Then I opened my bible and read these verses. 


 "Why do you complain, Jacob?
   Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD;
   my cause is disregarded by my God”?
 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint."

~Isaiah 40:27-31


"Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say,  or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Cor 12: 6-10


I am always amazed at how God's word refreshes me and puts me back on track. 





1 comment:

  1. Amen, Mal. It was great to see you in your "zone" this week...keep up the great work! Praying for you, and I love you as your adopted enemy twin brother!

    ReplyDelete