Sunday, April 24, 2011

Don't judge me.

Today I was convicted. Why? How? My Pastor preached on Romans 2. And mainly on judging and being judged. Have you ever sat back and asked youself how much you really judge people? I have and did this morning. The worst thing is that I was doing it right in the middle of service. And then I heard the sermon. Even though I don't act in the sin I was judging I was acting worse. Pride is already and issue in my life but today it was worse. I thought that my influence on someones life would make them change. I wasn't giving the relatonship to God, and lettng him act in this friends life. I thought I had all the answers and was far better than this person. I was so decieved.

  In Romans 2 it says this:
   "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?"

Could it get any clearer? So, what have I learned today? I have learned and have been convicted of the fact that I am nothing without Christ, that He is the judge of sinners and I am not and that I am no better than that missguided sinner in church today. I am a missguided sinner.

1 comment: