Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Little things about me.

      I realized today that I have never shared a very significant part of my life with me readers. I am talking about my love for babies, not only that but my desire to become a midwife. I have always wanted to go into the medical field, but never really knew what area. I knew that I couldn't handle working in a hospital (because of the history I've had with hospitals) but I did know that God was calling me to some how work in a medical position. On top of that I also knew that God was calling me to the mission field. So what better thing to bring to a foreign country that midwifery?


And that was when I started to look in to the ways of becoming a midwife and also going to births to really find out if this was meant for me. So far I have only been to two births, but both have reaffirmed to me that this is where God is calling me.


In February I was able to witness the birth of my little sister. My Mom had her at home at 43 years old  with a 15 year break between her last pregnancies and this one. Many people thought she was crazy, and many people agreed that she could do it. And she did, I now have a perfectly healthy little two and a half month old sister with no problems. 


If Mom had gone to the hospital they would have done a C-section. But we know that there was never a need for that. Woman have had healthy pregnancies and births for centuries. This is what I want to continue. Hopefully in 5 years I will be practicing as a midwifes assistant and then hopefully work as a full fledged midwife. And who knows....maybe I will be practicing in Africa someday with woman that really need my help. 
   I really love babies and I love helping woman give birth. But most of all I love think as I watch the miracle of birth "Thank God that this baby wasn't aborted". So I will not only be working as a midwife but also I am going to be active in stopping the abortion of children.  What's your calling?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment